Are you new to Austin? Even as a city that jokingly prints T-shirts reading “Austin–Population: Full”, we are still welcoming over 150 newcomers to the Capital City every day. These new arrivals are keeping our city fresh, contributing their smarts and hearts to ensure Austin is an innovative and inspiring place to live and work.
As an Austin newcomer, we know that our city can seem a bit daunting. So many restaurants, so many entertainment venues, so many places to walk your dog! That’s why we at Access ATX have decided to launch the “Welcome Wagon” city tour, a city discovery experience designed with the new arrivals in mind.
We will show you our favorite neighborhoods, our top local hangouts, and anything else you might need to know to make Austin feel like home. There’s a chance that when you finish this tour, you will even know more about Austin than those who have been here for years!
Better yet…meet other new Austinites! This is a great opportunity for networking or simply meeting a friend or two.
Join us on Austin’s Ultimate City Discovery:
- Discover the funky neighborhoods, local lore, and memorable residents that help “Keep Austin Weird”
- See all of Austin’s bucket-list attractions: Downtown, South Congress Avenue, Graffiti Park, Lady Bird Lake, the East Side, Rainey Street, Sixth Street, UT Campus, and more!
- Explore the history of Austin with visits to the State Capitol and Texas State Cemetery
- Hear how Austin became the “Live Music Capital of the World” and gain an insider’s knowledge of our favorite live music venues
- Snap a photo at Austin’s iconic street art venues
- Learn how BBQ came to the Lone Star State as well as secret cooking techniques on an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour by the pitmaster himself! Samples included, of course.
- Finish the tour with a craft cocktail making demonstration of Austin’s signature cocktail, the Mexican Martini!
Timing: 3 hours; scheduled monthly, please check the booking calendar below for availability. Upcoming dates: May 7, June 4, July 9
Tour Start/End: This tour starts at the Austin Visitors Center (602 E 4th Street) and ends at a local hangout a few blocks away.
- Luxury transportation for your Austin city tour
- Professional local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to!
- Food and drink samples included
- Chilled beverages on board the vehicle. We provide waters and soft drinks, but you are more than welcome to bring adult beverages.
- Online booking available, please use booking calendar below.
Pricing: $60 per person
See What Others are Saying!
An entertaining tour with non-stop fun facts! We had just moved to Austin and wanted to see our new city through the eyes of a local. This tour did not disappoint!
Our guide was simply spectacular. We only had a couple of days, so the Complete Austin Experience was perfect for us-a little history, a little music, great BBQ, Mexican Martinis and terrific fun. We got to see a lot of the town, and Megan suggested wonderful places for us for after the tour
This 3 hour tour was a perfect way to start our trip. The tour gives you a great overview of some of the local Austin neighborhoods and hot spots with a lot of fascinating information about the city as well. The van was able to cruise through neighborhoods that would have been tough for a larger bus.