Header Photo Credit: Terry Black’s BBQ
We have all heard about Texas BBQ. There are thousands of BBQ joints across the state, all claiming to have the most tender brisket and fall-off-the-bone pork ribs. Be the judge on this mouthwatering food extravaganza! This private tour takes you out of the city and into Lockhart, Texas, self-proclaimed “BBQ Capital of the World” to visit their world class BBQ joints. Your Access ATX guide will help you beat the crowds, and the lines, that so often go along with eating Texas BBQ.
After all the Texas BBQ you can handle, we travel back to Austin for a one-of-a-kind look at Texas BBQ. Go behind-the-scenes at an authentic Texas BBQ joint with an exclusive private tour by the pitmaster himself! Learn how BBQ is prepared and smoked in the Lone Star State…if you can handle the heat! We end the tour with a sweet treat, which your stomach will welcome as the perfect end to the perfect foodie adventure.
Four Texas BBQ joints…can you handle it?
Join us on a Texas BBQ Trail Adventure:
- Visit 4 Texas BBQ joints
- Visit Lockhart, TX: BBQ Capital of the World
- Learn how BBQ came to the Lone Star State as well as secret cooking techniques on an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour by the pitmaster himself!
- Full BBQ meal included
As featured on CNN
Timing: 4 hours; 10:00am or 1:00pm start time Mon-Fri only, as requested to accommodate our restaurant partners
Door-to-Door Service: complimentary anywhere in the Central Austin area
- Private tour
- Luxury transportation
- Professional local guide to handle the details, so you don’t have to!
- Food included. Lots of food.
- Chilled water on board the vehicle. You are welcome to bring additional beverages, including alcohol. Cooler and ice provided upon request.
- Tour guide gratuity included…no worrying about tips while you’re having fun
- Online booking available for groups of 2 – 14 guests. Please call 512.999.8687 for for larger parties.
Pricing: Varies by group size. Please click ‘Book Now’ for an instant quote.
See What Others are Saying!
This tour should be renamed, it is not just another food tour. It is really a BBQ pilgrimage.
Thank you Rich and Access ATX! I booked the Texas BBQ trail and probably gained a good ten pounds. Rich was such a great and friendly guide!
The food was amazing! Stopped at 3 places. Susan arranged it perfectly. Went from yummy to incredible to perfection. This is the real deal folks!